Saturday 16 April 2011

The What, Why & How

Welcome to my first blog!  As the title suggests I will be eating 'clean' for the next 28 days...


What's out -
Caffeine - Alcohol - Sugars & artificial sweeteners - Dairy (though live yoghurt & butter are allowed) - Wheat - Processed foods (cakes, pastries, chocolate) this last one will test me the most!!


What's in -
Meat - Fruit - Vegetables - Healthy fats (nuts, avocados, oils)


Why am I doing this?  I currently have a couple of clients who are doing the same thing.  This is a little show of support to them, a mental test for me, plus I've done it before & know how good I felt whilst on it.


I generally eat well, 80% of the time I adhere to all of the above, but that remaining 20% things tend to go a bit off track.  As I alluded to earlier, I do have quite a sweet tooth (cakes and chocolate are my normal weapon of choice), plus I do like a nice cold beer every now and again.


I'll be recording exactly what I've eaten, my sleep patterns, energy levels and daily activities.  As well as my weight, circumferences and bodyfat before and after the 28 day period.


Along the way I'll be posting tips on nutrition, training and healthy living.  I hope you enjoy, please feel free to fire any questions (and supportive messages!) at me...

2 comments:

  1. Followed your link here. Had to add a comment about the great Knebworth house biscuit challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biscuit challenge is next month Keith... Packet of 'Malted Milks' and a packet of 'Custard Creams' a day! With 4 pints of tea : )

    ReplyDelete