Tuesday 19 April 2011

18/04/11

Sleep: 6 hrs - interrupted.

Food:
1 banana, portion of pineapple, 1/2 pot of natural yoghurt
1/2 pot of natural yoghurt with a scoop of protein powder
Cous cous superfood salad - From M&S, amazing how many of their 'healthy' options contain sugar.
Slow cooked pork, stir fried vegetables, brown rice, lettuce & guacamole
2 x Handfuls of mixed nuts
3 oat cakes with sliced tomato & black pepper
Pork Steak, brown rice, asparagus tips & green beans - Purely coincidence that this was so similar to lunch.


Water: 2-3 litres

Energy Levels: Good.  Saying that I fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop.

Activities: 1 hr gym workout

Temptation? Housemates shared a Galaxy Ripple in front of me.  Painful.

Mood: Bit cranky mid afternoon - This was post bus sleep, pre Galaxy ripple!

Breakfast was a nightmare, I was getting it on the go...  First place was 'Camden Food Company', promising 'Organic Fresh Food on the go' (or words to that effect).  Well the porridge was made with milk, the muesli had wheat in it and the yoghurt and fruit compote contained sugar, I nearly grabbed a salad (I've eaten much stranger things for breakfast as you will probably see over the next month).  I moved onto 'Eat' - "no we don't do scrambled eggs".  They had eggs benedict (which usually I would have devoured) - no good because of the hollandaise sauce.  Same problems with the yoghurt granola combo's.  Surely 'Leon' wouldn't let me down... 'Eggs, slow cooked tomatoes on rye bread' Perfect!  Or not, upon seeing it - me - "has that got mayo in it?" server - "No it's a yoghurt and cream cheese mix" Cheese! Damn Damn Damn!  Headed to the supermarket and bought a pot of natural yoghurt, a banana and a portion of pineapple.  Going to keep an eye on my yoghurt consumption.

I need to get some more supplies in, preparation has let me down a bit so far.  My shopping list currently reads:
PEANUT BUTTER - 1 ingredients - Peanuts.  Meridian do a good one.
TAHINI
NUTS
LEAN MEAT
EGGS
COCONUT OIL
OATS


I'm also considering getting an organic veg delivery once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment