Sunday 17 April 2011

Day One 15/04/11

Sleep: 3hrs - I'd drunk a bottle of beer the night before and eaten a burger and piece of pie before bed (as a last hurrah)...  Could not sleep for love nor money, I felt terrible.  Eventually dropped off at about 3am, then before I knew it my 6am alarm was going off - cue large dump of adrenalin to start the day off - cue cortisol - cue abdominal body fat - Cortisol is a low grade adrenalin that "stimulates abdominal fat synthesis by inhibiting growth hormone" (Sher et al. 2005)


Food:
Large bowl of porridge (made with water), 1 grated apple, 1 tsp of cinnamon & a few walnuts on top.
2 small chicken thighs & a few brazil nuts
4 scrambled eggs with 2 field mushrooms, spinach with chilli flakes
1 plum & a few walnuts
Piece of Haddock, 1 large tomato & 3 oat cakes
2 large chicken legs, sweet potato wedges, courgettes, spring greens & red cabbage


Water: 2 litres


Energy Levels: Don't know, too spaced out from lack of sleep


Activities: Biked 15.8 miles


Temptation? No majors, in spite my "friends" inviting me to go for a burger, well aware it was my first day!


Mood: Vacant!


Scrambled Eggs, Field Mushrooms & Spinach with Chilli Flakes

No comments:

Post a Comment