Wednesday 27 April 2011

26/04/11

Sleep: 6.5 hrs

Food:
3 Boiled eggs & 1 piece of rye bread
1 Orange
Olives, 4 oat cakes with peanut butter, 1 avocado
Chicken, cold roast spuds, beetroot, spinach & lettuce with tahini & olive oil dressing
1 Orange
Winter fruits (blackberries, grapes, cherries & blackcurrants) 
Handful of mixed nuts
Buziball (cacao, fruit extracts, apricots, almonds, raisins, goji berries, maca, kelp, bee pollen, vanilla) - as close as I'm getting to an easter egg, it was delicious - thank you Martina!
Mackerel, spinach, cucumber, beetroot, celery, humous and olives.  1 Mango

Water: 3 litres minimum

Energy Levels: Consistent throughout the day

Activities: Biked 15.8 miles

Temptation? A giant billboard of a Magnum Equador, I'm not sure what flavour that is but I nearly fell off my bike rubber-necking at it!

Mood: Very good

Notes: I've been trying to keep my fruit consumption down to 3 portions a day.  I went over that today, the mango last thing was delicious.  This might sound a little strange, as people are always harping on about getting "5 a day", remember that this includes vegetables (of which we don't consume nearly enough of).  Fruit consumption is worth being aware of as it generally has a high 'GI value' - meaning it will raise your blood sugar levels quickly, so you have a smaller window to utilise this as energy and are more likely to store it as fat.  Fruit juices are even worse, a single serving of apple juice contains the juice of roughly 4 apples - when was the last time you sat down and ate 4 apples one after the other?  This is a huge blood sugar hit and NOT a great way to start your day!
I ate on 9 different occasions today, I was working from home for much of the day so this just confirms what I wrote about yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment