Thursday 21 April 2011

20/04/11

Sleep: 6.5 hrs - Awake before my alarm.

Food:
Smoothie - 1 banana, 2 eggs, scoop of oats, 2 tsps of peanut butter, 250g's natural yoghurt.
2 oat cakes
Steak mince, courgettes, red cabbage, onion, garlic, tomato, spinach & quinoa
Protein shake w/Glutamine post workout - Glutamine aids in muscle recovery & is thought to protect the lining of the GI tract, thus aiding absorption of nutrients from food.  Clinical studies have shown it to strengthen the immune system and reduce infections.  I take it occasionally just because it's there!
2nd serving of Steak mince, courgettes, red cabbage, onion, garlic, tomato, spinach & quinoa
Beef Stew with some mixed nuts
Plum

Water: Min of 3 litrs

Energy Levels: Terrible mid-afternoon, had a naff training session, felt tired before, during and after it.  Think this was down to my first session being at 06:45 though and dealing with a stressful situation mid-morning.

Activities: Biked 15.8 miles.  1hr gym workout.

Temptation? During that big lull mid-afternoon I usually would have headed to the nearest coffee shop.  Instead, I took myself off and closed my eyes for 15 minutes, woke up feeling a lot better.  I also had to pick chorizo sausage out of the beef stew : (

Mood: Stressed

Notes: Martina took my circumferences in the evening, not ideal doing them on day 5 but at least I already had my bodyfat and weight from before I started.  We measured upper arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs and lower legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment