Sunday 8 May 2011

06/05/11

Sleep: 6 hrs

Food:
Quinoa porridge, made with oat milk, winter fruits & walnuts - improved!
Marinaded steak, spring greens, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 avocado.
Apple.  Natural yoghurt mixed with natural peanut butter & cinnamon
Chicken breast, corn on the cob & peas.
Marinaded steak, spring greens, rocket, cucumber, cherry tomatoes & almonds
Natural yoghurt mixed with natural peanut butter & a banana

Water: 3 litres minimum

Energy Levels: Good, physically pretty tired, but mentally sharp.

Activities: Biked 15.8 miles

Temptation? The most ridiculous Easter Egg I've ever seen, that badboy must have been about 2cm thick!  (Actually I wasn't that tempted, but that night I did dream that I ate some without thinking and was mortified that I'd broken my diet so near to the end!)  Every one was very supportive - wafting it under my nose and trying to rub it on my hand, not mentioning any names Michael.

Mood: Great

Notes:
I haven't been missing pasteurised dairy much, maybe a slice of cheese every now and again.  So what's the problem with pasteurised dairy?  Pasteurisation involves heating milk to a very high temperature to kill all the bad bacteria in the milk.  Unfortunately this process also destroys all of the good bacteria and enzymes in the milk, making it very hard for our systems to digest.  Aside from lactose intolerances, this can be one of the main reasons people are sensitive to milk - symptoms include, bloating, stomach cramps, itchy skin and excess mucous production.

No comments:

Post a Comment